Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MODEL OF THE WEEK INTERVIEW: South African Male model, Johan Wolter Brand.

  Today, we unveil our model of the week. his name is Johan Wolter Brand, a male model from Capetown. Please go through the interview, conducted by Ali Afegbua, to know more about this striking new model.

1. please tell us a bit about your self, (like a brief bio)

      My name is Johan Wolter Brand and I'm 25 years old and currently living in the beautiful City of Cape Town in South Africa.

 I'm one of two children and grew up on a small town in the west coast so I was raised in a "country" like atmosphere which
probably contributed to my love of nature and the outdoors. I moved to Cape Town at the age of 18 to pursue a career in graphic design.

     
      I would describe myself as an interesting individual. My personal style and the way I present myself is very important
      to me.

      I’m a “student” of fame and behaviors in people, pop culture and “celebrity” has always been fascinating to me
      and I look up to legends like Marlin Monroe, Madonna, James Dean and most recently Lady Gaga.

      I’m currently signed at LC Models in Cape Town.
        


   2. how did you start modeling, did you always want to be a model?

      I always knew I would reach people in some way or the other, but most likely with art or design. Some friends suggested
      that I should try out modelling, I was very nervous because I never considered myself a good looking guy being “pale” and “skinny”.
      I met with some agencies and the response was actually very good.
     
      I’m still relatively new on the scene but it’s been amazing and I really love meeting people and creating images
      and stories, its almost like acting … you can be anybody and do anything.:)

      So I wouldn’t say I always wanted to be a model, but fashion and design plays a huge role in my life so it feels like a natural progression.




   3. you were in Nigeria some time ago for the arise magazine fashion
   week,how was the experience for you?

   I was very humbled to be chosen as one of the international models to go to Arise Magazine Fashion Week. The five days
   I spent at the Federal Palace Hotel was most definitely the highlight of my year so far. I have a huge respect for African designers
   And being part of the biggest platform of its kind in Africa was amazing. The people from Lagos were so friendly and I made so
   many connections and friends.

   The scale of the production was huge, and it made me so proud to be an African. Will definitely be going back next time.




   4. what is the most fulfilling modeling assignment you have ever had?

      Like I mentioned above, Arise Magazine Fashion Week was my most fulfilling and challenging assignment to date.




   5. how do you normally dress, when you are off duty from modeling
   assignments?

   The way I would dress on a given day usually starts with the mood I’m in when I wake up in the morning.

   I feel that the way you dress and your personal style is one of the most important things and some
   people just don’t get it. The way you are dressed is a direct reflection of your state of mind and
   it’s the first thing anybody will notice when they see you. So for me, first impressions most defiantly count.

   I would describe my personal style as quite classical with a modern twist, even preppy at times. I like to buy
   clothes that wont go out of fashion any time soon and then just accessorize with something more updated like
   a scarf or a pop of color.


   Style is about feeling confidant in your own skin, it’s an extension of your personality and you
   can wear a piece of plastic if you want to as long as you have the attitude to go with it.

Thank you wolter, for taking your time to answer the questions just nicely, we are making you a honorary "FASHION FREAK" its a special tittle reserved for fabulous and fashionable people only. congratulations!!!

this is an effort we are making weekly, to promote young African models who have the potential to represent this great continent internationally. 
feel you deserve to be on this page? send us an email on fashionfreaksafrica@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment